Sunday, July 13, 2008

My first Tri!!

Yayy!!!! I am soooo happy!!! Managed to complete my first triathlon.. in about 3hrs or so.. just awaiting for the official timing from the organisers now.. but really.. it was great... no regrets about training for it now..

The event started with the 1.5 km swim... which was HARD!!!.. the winds were strong and the waves were pushing everyone rightwards. It was 2x lap around the swim course, making it 1.5km... but it felt like I swam 2km with the strong tide. Managed to get sightings part right and didn't veer too far off course.. and of course came out alive at the same time too.

The fun part was the cycling. It was on the super flat ECP tracks, and was 10km long. As the OD (olympic distance) was 40km, we did 4 loops around the bike track. Was really speeding on my bike.. and especially into the corners. It was real fun just cutting slower participants and feeling the wind hit my face... ooo.. loved it.

Finally, after the bike.. the run... now this was gruelling. NOT easy to run after biking for about an hour. Had the common "jelly legs" syndrome, but managed to maintain composure to pull through. Only managed to "run" as per normal after 20minutes or so... but then, it was a short 10km run... and finished it in about an hr.. arhh... the feeling of going over the finishing line was superb... can still feel it now. The guy at the end gave me my medal .... and I was esctatic!!! I ran over to the medic tent, and got all the Congrats from all my frens there.. Ex-boss was also super impressed !!! ..yayy!! no queue for the massage too, as Edmund massaged me right after he finished the one he was massaging.. hehehe... :)

Well, one down, 2 more to go.... no looking back now... gonna just trudge on.. till I finish them all.

yayy!!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congrats!

You will improve!