Saturday, February 14, 2009

The incident at the LRT...

The Malaysian LRT is not a safe place… well..actually, everywhere in Malaysia is not safe la.. but this incident happened to me.. and I still can’t believe that the ppl around me and the victim did not even do or say anything…

Was on the LRT from Bangsar to Tmn Melati to meet up with Safiq. The LRT in Malaysia was jam-packed that Tuesday morning with working ppl gg off to work. Managed to got on the second train that came by and was “pushed” to the middle of the train while holding my dry bags for the trip. Less that a minute later, a middle aged Indian guy (bigger than me) started to molest a chinese lady’s butt in front of him…. I was shocked that it happened just right in front of me.. now here’ what that surprised. The lady looked uncomfortable, but she didn’t even say or do anything… what’s wrong with her??!!… I felt disgusted and used my free hand and pushed the Indian guy’s hands away.

This was where things got a bit scary. He started shouting at me.. OI!! You sedang buat apa .. tolak tolak aje ni… (OI!! What are you doing? Pushing me around liddat?)

I shouted back la.. I tolak you aje, tapi you tau la u sedang buat apa…He got a bit pissed here… eh.. u jangan cakap silap hah…and I answered back….Saya tak kisah cakap apa, tapi u raba-raba orang u tau sendiri lar….

Everyone in the train was looking at us… The guy was then staring at me, like he was gonna hit me already.. I was shit scared, but knowing I was right, stared at him. If he wanted a fight, there’s witnesses around, and he can’t run.. (well, oso cos I’m a doctor, and some of my cousin’s were lawyers… so he really can’t run away even if he wanted to). He was already angry at me… he then shouted vulgarities and said that I was dressed in a very improper way (was wearing a racerback shirt and jeans).. I shouted back in Malay.. what I wear is not your problem.. but you go and molest ppl… that is even worse….

He started to back down and coward away while shouting more vulgarities. All throughout this incident, no one helped me.. all the guys in the train were sissies.. and the girl did not say anything… some malay girls were staring at me.. like they were disgusted at my rude behaviour towards that Indian guy.. which I dun quite understand. When more ppl alighted, the girl immediately moved to another corner, the guy oso walked away… only one old malay uncle came up to me and asked me to get behind him to shield me.

To my surprise, the Indian man also alighted at the Tmn Melati station, not to chase me, but to go back on the train on the other direction. Guess, he was a serial molester who haunts the train. I was disappointed in the girl’s behaviour that she did not even said anything. My only regret was not reporting him in….

As the saying goes (to quote Unker, who quoted from a Bruce Willis movie) – the easiest way for evil to win is when good men do nothing… which is sooooo true….and in this case.. that was what that happened.. Good men (and women) just did nothing. Now, if you asked me why crime rates are going up in Malaysia, I can only simply say that its becos there are no more “good men” in Malaysia…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I support what u did 100%!! though i'm not sure if i have the guts like u. U can be sure I won't be like the chinese woman if I'm victim. Anyway, the chinese should've said smtg but I guess she's too scared or shocked.