Monday, February 11, 2008

Back to SG, CNY damage...

Whoa... CNY is over... so fast...one week gone. Just arrived back from Ipoh this morning. Was stuck at the Causeway for 2 hrs this morning, before finally reaching home at 745am. Gave the SMTP a miss, probably won't arrive there in time to enjoy much of it. So changed, washed up and head on to work. hehe....back to the normal daily routine again.

Chinese New Year was all in all, great fun for me. Started with Boss's dinner on Tues nite - great cook, the boss... but really don't like it when conversations veered off towards work issues. Then, the rush back to KL on the next day. Bought a SVIP (so called - there was a fly buzzing around me in the bus) bus ticket for RM80, then waited 2 hrs before finally boarding the bus. Arrived at KL around 6pm, all energised to meet up with my cousin. KL was as usual- dirrty, chaotic, smog-filled - but I loved it. Cousin picked me up, and off we go to Bangsar (house) where we had Domino's Pizza for dinner. Nice......

At night, me being the energetic, unable to sit down quietly person, suggested we headed out, and we did - to MidValley Megamall. haha...as expected, the stores were closed, well except for the Coach shop - irritated Rebecca (cousin) by taking an hr++ to decide on a handbag to buy ... yup .. I actually bought a handbag. Was thinking that I needed one after going to all the neat dinners carrying my Crumpler/Timbuk2 everwhere. Yayy!! ?First feminine achievement of the year... ?? oh well....

The next day, parents and brother came to pick me up from KL. Had pancakes for breakfast and spaghetti for lunch before leaving for home. Funny though, there was a traffic jam along Tanjung Malim area, caused by ??slow moving cars?? ... when can people ever learn, drive fast fast on a highway larr... anyway, finally arrived home -gasp- 3hrs later.. phew... was a really hot day.. At night, was the usual yum cha with Ah Pooi, Fipink, and the Seri Putra guys... Ivy was not back this year... read about her CNY in her blog.. interesting what happened..really.. some of the guys I have not met in ages already..haha... all looked the same, except more run down by the working life.. sigh... it was better when we were students :)

The next few nights were spent gambling (lost quite a bit there) and having fun pai nian. Had a Seri Intan reunion on Saturday..and wow- some were already married... amazing how fast time flies, I couldn't even recognize some of my old classmates. Feeling thaaaaat old now.... sob sob..
hehe...well, the next time I'll be back in Ipoh for CNY will probably be in another 4 yrs time or sth... but I did learned something new.. if it's the first year of marriage, you give out 2 angpows, so I swore not to come back during the my first year of marriage.. haha...

Time flew past fast when I was back home, was happy to be in the company of some of my oldest friends (Callie- I've think we've known each other since Standard 2) and closest companions (Beat- can do a pic of me and Jonathan Rhys Meyer - he's the bad guy in Mission Impossible ??3...pls pls pls) but damn... the CNY damage was big too.. think I gained like 2-3 kg in the past one week alone.. that would really put a dent in my marathon training.. hahaha.. need to start retraining today and bought the truDtox thing that KennySia tried..maybe it'll work on me too. It was great to be back home again after a looooooong hiatus... and I've got to give thanks to all who made it a wonderful occasion to come back to. May we all be safe in our journey through life, and be prosperous in all our future dealings..

Trudge on...

PS the Rafting trip is still on... pending election dates.. will confirm the dates after this coming Wednesday..

1 comment:

Bea said...

haha! we'll hunt and stalk you in singapore on your first year of marriage then!

send me the pic of u wearing a dress ;P