Saturday, May 17, 2008

Life...

Life, a question many has pondered to but nil satisfactory answers to it. I'm sure everyone has, at one point or another asked themselves, what is the meaning of life. No one is ever happy with life all the time, and vice versa, but sometimes, I wonder, what keeps us wanting to go on, wanting to move on, and more importantly.. is it in the direction we all want it to move in?

Living in itself, is the biggest adventure of a lifetime. That's one thing I am hundred percent sure of. There's no other greatest sadness in life than to lose a loved one, and no other greatest happiness in life than to see someone you love happy. Or no better sense of achievement than when you succeed in something. And yet, as humans, we are never contented, we always have desires, and either hide it deep down to never surface up, or try to find someway to fulfill them. Weirdest of all, is that when we finally truly have something we want, we tend to find someway to "sabo" it, just to prove that we are not worth it. Ever have that "what if" thoughts, before doing something? Why then do we ever consider both sides of the coins before going ahead with anything in life? Hmm.. so, then, what do we truly want if we keep thinking we're going to fail?

Life is full of hesitations, doubts, and yet we all continue living, so do we live in a big lie after all? Sometimes, or most of the time, sadly, I do feel like I'm living a life full of lies, and that it's hard for me to be free, and be myself. I try hard to impress others, but when I ask myself if it really is what I want, I usually come up with a "no". The past few crazy trips and adventures (and other life experiences) have really taught me well enough to finally realise what I want in life.. and am now not afraid to go out and get them. I'm not afraid of changes anymore, cos it is part of living and is actually the biggest part of this adventure called "life". It's hard to handle failures at times, but I'd rather handle it face on than to think about failing before I even do it. So to any of you out there wondering where I actually got all this craaazy ideas to do craaazy things.. it's more because I don't think of the end where I fail, it's more because I dream of what will happen when I succeed, and I guess, that's where I get more energy to do more and more things :) Life in itself sux, big time, .... but you know what ;) , being alive takes the cake of being the most interesting adventure there is....

So to all out there, who needs the extra push to move on in this non-celebratory part of the year (where there is no Xmas, CNY angpows, New Year's party, etc etc etc), trudge on.. and always try new adventure there are in life.. it never stops, and so shouldn't you...

Anyways, anyone up for Rafting this June?

No comments: