Thursday, January 10, 2008

Got shot!!!

ughhh... feel weak now.. fingers trembling... will I ever recover from this traumatic incident...

It happened yesterday afternoon, but I could still remember it very well, as though it just happened a minute ago. There I was, just hiding innocently behind the sandbags, awaiting for a chance to display my skills, well honed at the arcades playing Time Crisis 1-4(R), when out of no where, a pellet hit my fingers...my left fingers to be exact.. and out I was... left to deal with my wounded fingers (but mostly pride) arrghhh.. it was a dramatic moment, where the seconds turned to hours... when I realised that I had to leave my team mates to fend for themselves. With sadness and regret (more like scared of being shot again), I walked out (more like ran out too)... never turning back (but I did continue to watch the game from the starting bunker)....

hehe.... the whole department went for a paintball game yesterday. The centre was closed for half a day but as expected (and also cos we couldn't find the place), we started late, almost an hour late, but that didn't deter our ever rising spirits to shoot one another. I think most of us had someone in mind to shoot at, but in this game, everyone except your team mates are your enemies. We started out with a short briefing session, where we were taught on using the 'marker' aka gun and the rules of the game. Apparently, there are paintball competitions held worldwide!! and with great vigour too , do all the contestants participate. We were divided into teams, which were changed in every game (we played 3 games altogether). Then off to the firing range to try out the weapons. Seems that its easier to shoot by roughly aiming the gun, than to use the sight to aim. The battle then begins...

The grassy pitch was wet from the rain in the early afternoon, and our shoes were covered in mud once we stepped into the battlezone. Looking at the bunkers there were, strategies were whipped up in the last few minutes before the games begin.. I was in team 1 throughout.. with Brother and Unker and the dietitians.. Name : Team Brother..very generic name.. haha.. our strategist was Unker, who opted for passive aggresiveness, and it worked..we won the first game. Second and Third game, I was in Boss's team, with Boss as the boss of the team.. It was in the third game that I got shot...by my AC, right smack on my left fingers while trying to peek out and get a good aim..eww..the paint was sticky..

The game turned out to be a blast, with some free shows as well (Fawzi with his... err.. pants coming off was the butt of all jokes). Later, we adjourned to dinner, buffet style. Food was goooooood, liked the ?Mongolian sauteed prawn. Had a free ride home after that thanks to Unker.. :) .. turns out he stays nearby.. hmm (evil smile coming along) ....

phew, it was a long day indeed... was dead tired by the time I got home, and totally knocked off after showering. hehe... this is really going to be one trully memorable day ...

Total damage of the day:
Pants and shoes, Left fingers, Pride...

PS... call me out if anybody gg for another round of paintball... ;)

No comments: